Update on Coronavirus
SHRM Tech EMEA is closely monitoring developments of the Novel Coronavirus, which first emerged from Wuhan, China, in December 2019. The health and safety of our customers and colleagues is always our top priority. As such, we are following all safety advice and precautions as recommended by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Several countries have put in place screening measures at airports and points of entry, and the Chinese government has implemented measures to limit the spread of the virus within the country. As such, for now, customers can be reassured that while we are monitoring the situation, and staying up to date on official sources of guidance from the government and authorities, it is business as usual for our events in the UAE.
For companies that are concerned about affected individuals being present at the event we advise:
- Travel from impacted areas within China is being restricted
- Many international airports are screening visitors as they enter/leave the country
For companies that are based in China and wondering if they can attend, we advise:
- Follow government guidance on travel
- Follow local safety advice on the prevention of the spread of Coronavirus
SHRM Tech EMEA is working with all our partners to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and the following hygiene measures will be in place at the show:
- Sanitisers will be provided in all registration areas, show-floor conference theatres and seminar room
- Registration areas and public coffee areas will be continuously cleaned
- Frequent cleaning and sanitising of public areas and washrooms
We encourage all attendees to follow WHO guidelines with respect to general hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- Cover mouth & nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue & immediately throw into a bin
- Seek medical assistance if you develop any of the known symptoms
Should the situation change, we will update the advice accordingly.