Monday 24 February 2020
Registration and Welcome coffee
Welcome Address from SHRM
BETTER WORKPLACES, BETTER WORLD Maximizing human potential in the tech era!
Workplaces are evolving because of technology and the tech-augmented workforce is working in novel ways. While organizations’ move forward with support from digital technologies and analytics, it is the humans using these technologies that are the key drivers of organizational performance. What and how can organizations’ maximize human potential and support employees in channelling their full potential.
TECH TAKES CENTER STAGE The power of technology! – How digital disrupts HR
As digital technology continues to evolve, it permeates into every part of our working lives - PCs, mobile devices, and cloud services can process data, identify language and speak conversations, and give us information and recommendations faster than ever before. In this session, we will address keeping the ‘human’ within human resources, while also truly leveraging technology, data and every innovation that comes our way.
- Beyond Digitization: Collaboration between human and technology in our workplaces
- AI as a partner: Ways we can use AI and machine learning to automate HR processes
- Getting technology to work for you: Integrating human labour and intelligent automation
- Embracing the future: Where will technology take HR next?
Exhibition Visit and Networking
PANEL DISCUSSION Revolutionized by technology: Importance of alignment between HR and C-Suite
In the recent years it has become obvious that digital shouldn’t be something that one business unit does or that various business units do separately, but instead something that an organization does as a whole. In order to champion digital transformation within a company, let’s look at how C-suite must set an example to lead the way.
- Closing the gap: Aligning people and business in the age of digital
- Shift is on and the stakes are high: Role of C-suite in spearheading digital transformation
- Top down approach: How to make sure technology decisions are supporting the HR vision
Speakers: Faisal Aljalahma, Chief Human Resources Officer, Batelco | Caroline Hudson, Chief Organizational Development Officer, Abu Dhabi Health Services Company – SEHA | Halyana Kitor, Head of People, Noon | Dr. Ghalib Al Hosni, Chief People Officer, Omantel
SHRM TechX: Innovative and Future Ready Organizations
AI's impact in daily life how organizaitons can be ready for tech and humans working together key technology trends in the next decade
It’s ALL ABOUT ‘THE EXPERIENCE’ Digital Employee Experience: Getting it right
In this digital age, with the emerging and increasingly fierce war for talent and skills, creating an employee experience that differentiates employers and actually retains talent will be critical. With over half the total workforce comprising millennials, companies need to close the employee experience gap through new age digital tools and mobile capabilities. As we step into the new world of work, let’s explore how some of the leading organizations reimagined their digital employee experience.
- The world of work in transition: Creating the ideal digital workplace experience
- From customer experience to digital employee experience: How can we use technology to engage our people?
- From Chief HR officers to chief Employee Experience Officers: Designing an employee experience strategy that’s tailored perfectly for your organization
Lunch and Networking
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Disruptive leadership in the age of digital transformation
With changing business landscape, leadership can no longer be hierarchical, it needs participation, involvement and contribution from everyone. Leadership is one of the most important factors in determining digital transformation success and the digital agenda is fundamentally about people. Let’s hear from some of the modern-day leaders on how todays leadership can focus on empowering others to lead to create self-organized teams.
- Leading the change: How to be an effective leader in the era of disruption?
- Modern leadership: How are we identifying and developing new generation leaders?
- Transformational leadership: The why, what and how?
- Lessons from the frontlines: What demands does digital leadership impose on leaders?
AHEAD OF THE CURVE The big shift: Performance management in the modern era
Performance management at its core involves goal-setting, evaluation & reward and when done well, employees become more productive, profitable and creative contributors. A complete redesign of performance management systems is a top priority for most organizations and have already made the move from annual updates to more regular ‘check-ins’ and frequent real-time feedback. Through this session let’s look at creating the right performance management process for your organization
- How the digital workplace affects employee performance management?
- Ahead of the curve: the reasons to make the shift to Continuous Performance Management
- Rethinking performance: Making performance management ‘meaningful’ and ‘human’
FUTURE OF LEARNING Evolution of learning technology: Exploring the world of smart learning systems
L&D professionals are faced with multiple challenges: juggling new technologies, shifts in learning styles and executive expectations to deliver tangible benefits. The shelf-life of skills is decreasing, the shortage of soft skills is increasing, and robotics and AI mean the future of jobs is uncertain. With the need for ongoing learning and development is greater than at any previous point, join our panel as they share their journey from traditional to a blended experience.
- Embracing technology: Designing a modern integrated corporate learning program for your organization
- Moving beyond traditional: How to utilize gamification and other modern tools to make corporate learning engaging and effective?
- Going digital: Road map to digitize your L&D function
SHRM TechX: Leading a successful HR Technology implementation
Wherever you are in your digital transformation journey, whether you are just kicking off your transformation, revamping your existing system integrating an add-on, this session will give you insights on the whole journey from buy-in to usage.
- Starting right: Making the case for HR Technology implementation
- Practical insights to choosing and closing the right technology that fits your organization
- Tips and tricks for successfully navigating through a HR Technology project
- Overcoming challenges: Lessons learnt during the implementation journey
- Preserving company culture through transformation while evaluating the impact of technology
Tuesday 25 February 2020
Registration and Welcome coffee
CEO PERSPECTIVES: Human versus Machine
Cognizant’s Center for the Future of Work’s From/To report speaks of how “the future of your work has never been closer”. The rise of robots, machine intelligence, distributed ledgers, quantum physics, “gig” labor, the unexaggerated death of privacy, a world eaten alive by software — all these trends point to a new world that’s shaping up quite differently from anything we’ve ever seen, or worked in, before. In this scenario what is the mandate for leaders to bring meaning and belonging into work or is work destined to be all mechanical. In this conversation, hear varied perspectives on the the way we work, the tools, aesthetics and issues with work as well as the all-important: meaning of and in work!
GAME CHANGING STRATEGIES Building the Ultimate Digital HR Organization
Digital technology is changing nearly every aspect of today’s workplace and companies are focused on building a digital strategy and roadmap for their HR function. A digital HR strategy provides the opportunity for HR to shape the future of work for their business and have a clear view on how talent will be managed. Through this session, we will explore how shifting practices are reinventing HR’s role to achieving digital success.
- Decoding the workplace of tomorrow: How to make a traditional company think differently
- Achieving digital maturity through people centric HR practices
- Changing role of people management: How digital transformation is radically disrupting and redefining the future of HR
PANEL DISCUSSION: ADDRESSING SKILLS GAP Digitally transformed workforce: Upskilling and retraining to retain talent
As organizations prepare for the future, it comes with its fresh set of challenges. Reskilling employees to be able to work alongside technology is no longer a choice for organizations to survive in the long term. With rapid changes surrounding this, this session will highlight the importance of upskilling to succeed in tomorrow’s workplace.
- Staying ahead of the game: Building a future ready organization by upskilling your employees
- Responding to the needs of fast-changing organizations: Keeping up with the skills required for the future
- Matching the pace of change: Core human skills that every employer should aim to develop in their workforce
Exhibition Visit and Networking
FIRESIDE CHAT: WORKFORCE ANALYTICS Game changer: The role of people analytics in the future of work
Talent is the biggest investment made by today's organizations; yet, most people-related decisions are made informally. HR practices have evolved greatly over the last decades. Big data and analytics have become key elements for HR professionals in order to initiate the transformation of traditional HR practices. Through this session, let’s find out where to start to make data analytics work for your organization.
- Building a data-driven HR function: Challenges and opportunities in setting up a people analytics team
- Think future: Utilizing predictive analytics as HR crystal ball
- Personalized everything: Intelligent solutions to create value for employees
PANEL DISCUSSION Breaking stereotypes: Women in technology
Breaking stereotypes: Women in the digital world
This session aims to highlight the role of women in HR and Technology in creating and driving innovation in organization from leadership positions. In conversation with a woman leader, we will delve right into making a business case for diversity, gender equality.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Building an intelligent enterprise by putting AI to work
AI is changing our lives in many ways, from automation of repetitive and time-consuming tasks to enhancing human capabilities. As one of the most talked about trends in modern day HR, AI has the potential to change the way we live and work. This session will help HR leaders understand and truly leverage AI for engaging, retaining, hiring and developing employees.
- Piloting a successful AI program for HR: How to use chatbots and machine learning to redefine the future of HR
- The era of human creativity: How to redirect HR teams to focus on high value tasks
- Smarter together: Human-Machine cooperation to unlock productivity and drive efficiency
Lunch and Networking
DIGITAL CULTURE Driving a culture that thrives in the digital world
Culture is invisible, yet its effect can be seen and felt. Digital Transformation will not succeed without the right culture as it reflects how work gets done within an organization. Shortcomings in organizational culture are one of the main barriers to organizations success in this digital age. In this session, we will look into how culture plays a key role in a successful digital transformation.
- Culture matters: How to cultivate a digital culture in your organization?
- Think forward: Defining the ultimate drivers for digital culture and change
- People-first approach: Creating an environment that supports change
- Focus on the why: Building a culture of ongoing change
PANEL DISCUSSION Need of the hour: Changing mindsets for successful digital HR transformation
With technology disrupting every part of our day to day lives, organizations have come to realize that digital transformation is more about a new mindset than about technology. HR should play a big role in the organizations digital transformation by taking ownership of the people, culture and organizational side of the transformation. In this session, the speaker will explore how organizations can bring their people along their digital journey
- Developing a digital mindset: Shift from ‘why’ to ‘how’
- Mindset over technology: Rewriting HR rules for successful digital transformation
- From technology-shy to technology-savvy: How to develop a digital mindset in your HR team
- Changing processes Vs Changing Mindsets: Crucial role of leadership team in influencing mindset change
Speakers: Berry Lumpkins, Group Head of Culture, First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) | Dominic Keogh Peters, Group HR Director, Axiom Telecom | Joseph Chalouhi, Senior HR Director, McDermott International
TOTAL REWARDS STRATEGIES FOR TALENT ATTRACTION AND RETENTION: New approaches and technologies in total rewards for talent attration and retention
In today’s job market, it’s becoming increasingly challenging to attract and retain employees. Today’s employees are looking for different things from their jobs beyond a pay check, a retirement plan and insurance. The workforce and its needs are becoming more diverse. Understanding one’s own workforce is very important and through this session, let’s look at designing rewards that not only motivate performance but also the broad workforce experience.
- Separating Compensation from annual performance: Exploring the strong need for this disconnect
- A look at compensation and benefits trends that attract and retain best talent
- Customized Reward Packages: Rewarding critical talent should be a top priority
- Diving deep: Art of creating the perfect Merit Matrix according to your organization’s culture
- Beyond Salaries: Just how important are benefits to employees
Diversity Story/Differently abled
CLOSING KEYNOTE: NEW TAKE ON PEOPLE STRATEGY Time for an update: Talent strategies for the digital age
Work in the digital age is changing, radically and rapidly with technology at the heart of it. More than ever, it has become hard to find—and harder to retain—talented people. Through this session, we will address how to utilize new age talent technologies to put the right person in the right job, identify gaps in skills, help employees as they gain new capabilities, chart career paths, and nurture the development of the next generation of leaders.
- Powered by talent: How to develop your talent strategy in a constantly evolving world?
- Manging talent in the digital age: How to find, develop, engage and retain them?
- Prioritizing talent: Developing people in a time of digital disruption